Weaver was founded by Ira and Gailard Weaver in 1910. The production location at that time was in Springfield, Illinois. The company’s original name was Weaver Manufacturing Company, which produced automotive and garage equipment along with the production of jacks and jack stands.
In 1959, Weaver Manufacturing Company was purchased by Dura Corporation, previously known as Detroit Harvester. Dura, along with Weaver, was acquired by Walter Kidde Company in the 1960’s. During Walter Kidde’s ownership, Weaver’s operations were relocated to Paris, Kentucky in 1973.
In 1977, the jack production division was acquired by the current owners, becoming Weaver Jack Corporation. Production was eventually moved to a 400,000 square foot facility located at 343 Lawrence Street in Adrian, Michigan where it is currently in operations today.